Welcome to the ICT4Water Cluster
Due to growing population and economy, seasonal climatic conditions have changed, including extreme events as floods and droughts. This affects as a whole the availability of water resources at world level.
ICT and water efficiency is a key policy issue with potential for new research area that includes decision supporting system for the measurement of water quality and quantity including the recycling and water reuse processes.
This necessitates increased interoperability between water information systems at EU and national levels and efficiency of water resources management.
- Info Days and Brokerage event Cluster 6Do you have a consortium to apply for EU funding? Do you need partners to build one? Attend the Brokerage event on 19 December. Registration is now open! Collaboration is a key requirement to apply for #HorizonEU. In view of the upcoming calls for […]
- New DW2020 synergy group publication on Digitalisation in the water sector: Recommendations for policy developments at EU LevelA new DW2020 synergy group publication on Digitalisation in the water sector: Recommendations for policy developments at EU Level has been published this week. It contains an overview of current gaps in the EU legislative framework that hinder the […]
- Flash Report: Water Projects Europe 2022THE EU DIGITAL TRANSITION FOR THE WATER SECTOR IN THE EU GREEN FUTURE CHALLENGES, PRESSURES AND ACHIEVEMENTS THE NEW ICT4WATER ACTION PLAN Hybrid workshop October 19, 2022, 9:00 – 13:00, Brussels, BluePoint On October 19, members of the ICT4Water […]
- Upcoming webinar – Science to policy: from Earth Observation to legislationThe digital transformation of the water sector is well underway and making great strides in the topic of smart water management. However, there are still niche areas in digitalisation which need to be spotlighted. Within the Earth Observation (EO) […]
- PrimeWater at the Digital Water Summit 2022 – Bilbao, Spain (29 NOV – 2 DEC 2022)PrimeWater is a Sponsor of the upcoming IWA Digital Water Summit. The Digital Water Summit will gather world-renowned experts who will be involved in plenary sessions, interactive discussions, side events, exhibitions, technical visits, and social […]
ICT4Water Action Plan
On December 1st 2017, the ICT4Water cluster presented an Action Plan to support the setting out of a Digital Single Market of Water Services. Promoted by DG-CONNECT, the action plan is a step forward from roadmaps presented in 2015 and 2016. This year (2017) open workshops were held as core sessions of big water sector events, such as Water Wise Conference, Water Innovation Europe, EIP Water conference 2017, DG RTD /EASME “Boosting Research & Innovation in the Water Sector: The Impact of EU-funded actions” and several bilateral events, with ICT4Water cluster members discussing and proposing how to afford digital water challenges, so as to collect and define the views presented in this strategic document. Additionally, collaborative contributions provided by co-members of several associations and working groups such as Water Europe (former WssTP), BDVA, AIOTI and EIP Water were collected too.
The Action Plan for a Digital Single Market for Water Services is focusing on a wider approach including Water Management, Treatment, Reuse, Circular Economy and every water-related area, and all other relevant areas where ICT can contribute. It proposes the creation of a borderless Digital single market for water services, and contributes to the Connected Digital Single Market and the Resilient Energy Union objectives by promoting sustainable smart technologies in the water sector.
The current version of the Action Plan is available here. The ICT4Water cluster members are finalising the updated version of the Action Plan that will be available in the 1st quarter of 2023.
- November 2022: Water Projects Europe report. Contributions from our member projects iBathwater, B-WaterSmart, intelWATT, DWC, Sea4Value and PathoCERT.
- June 2022: Contributions from member projects Project Ô and intelWATT. Cluster meeting,
- March 2022: Contributions from member projects PrimeWater, iBATHWATER, NextGen and B-WaterSmart. AR, Water Europe Marketplace.
- December 2021: Community of practices. Contributions from member projects STOP-IT, PrimeWater, NextGen and Run4Life.
- October 2021: Contributions from member projects B-WaterSmart, ULTIMATE, DigitalWater.City, PrimeWater and Hydrousa
- July 2021: Update from AG Business Models. Contributions from IntelWATT, B-WaterSmart, AquaSPICE and STOP-IT
- March 2021: Updates from AG Cybersecurity and AG Standardisation and Interoperability. Contributions from iBathwater, NAIADES, ULTIMATE, IntelWATT and Zero Brine
- December 2020: Contributions from PrimeWater, DWC, Run4Life, aqua3S, NextGen, HYDROUSA and the ICT4Water Action Group "Interoperability and Standardisation".
- October 2020: Updates from PrimeWater, ZERO BRINE, G3P, RESCCUE, NextGen, AfriAlliance and SMART-Plant.
- June 2020: Covering cluster annual meeting
- April 2020: BRIDGE event, SCOREwater, DWC results...
- December 2019: IAWW & AquaTech Innovation Forum, Zero Brine
- September 2019: With AIWW announcement, NextGen interview Ian Barker...
- July 2019: Covering cluster meeting, STOP-IT project results...
- March 2019: Covering launch LOTUS project, Intergroil demo results...