Welcome to the ICT4Water Cluster
Due to growing population and economy, seasonal climatic conditions have changed, including extreme events as floods and droughts. This affects as a whole the availability of water resources at world level.
ICT and water efficiency is a key policy issue with potential for new research area that includes decision supporting system for the measurement of water quality and quantity including the recycling and water reuse processes.
This necessitates increased interoperability between water information systems at EU and national levels and efficiency of water resources management.
- EU Startup competition – Junior Water JumpThe BMBF’s 3rd Water JPI Conference, which will take place on November 17, 2021 in Mülheim an der Ruhr, accompanies an EU Startup competition called Junior Water Jump. Startups and entrepreneurs are invited submit their business models for […]
- FIWARE4WATER: SMEs challenges
- NERC appoints Prof Albert Chen as Constructing a Digital Environment Senior ExpertProf Albert Chen at the Centre for Water Systems (CWS) has been appointed as a UK Senior Expert in the NERC Digital Environment Expert Network, as a part of NERC/UKRI Constructing a Digital Environment (CDE) Programme. The CDE Programme aims to […]
- DW2020 webinar: Data models with the FIWARE platform for the water sectorDW2020 (Digital Water 2020) is a synergy group within the ICT4WATER cluster, initiated by aqua3S, Digital-water.city, FIWARE4Water, NAIADES and SCOREwater to encourage further information sharing and discuss how the outcomes collected/worked on by […]
- Business models for digital water solutionsThe Business Models Action Group has published a study named “Business models for digital water solutions – A study on the development of business models of digital solutions related to ICT4Water cluster projects“. Throughout the […]
ICT4Water Action Plan
On December 1st 2017, the ICT4Water cluster presented an Action Plan to support the setting out of a Digital Single Market of Water Services. Promoted by DG-CONNECT, the action plan is a step forward from roadmaps presented in 2015 and 2016. This year (2017) open workshops were held as core sessions of big water sector events, such as Water Wise Conference, Water Innovation Europe, EIP Water conference 2017, DG RTD /EASME “Boosting Research & Innovation in the Water Sector: The Impact of EU-funded actions” and several bilateral events, with ICT4Water cluster members discussing and proposing how to afford digital water challenges, so as to collect and define the views presented in this strategic document. Additionally, collaborative contributions provided by co-members of several associations and working groups such as the WssTP, BDVA, AIOTI and EIP Water were collected too.
The Action Plan for a Digital Single Market for Water Services is focusing on a wider approach including Water Management, Treatment, Reuse, Circular Economy and every water-related area, and all other relevant areas where ICT can contribute. It proposes the creation of a borderless Digital single market for water services, and contributes to the Connected Digital Single Market and the Resilient Energy Union objectives by promoting sustainable smart technologies in the water sector.
- December 2020: Contributions from PrimeWater, DWC, Run4Life, aqua3S, NextGen, HYDROUSA and the ICT4Water Action Group "Interoperability and Standardisation".
- October 2020: Updates from PrimeWater, ZERO BRINE, G3P, RESCCUE, NextGen, AfriAlliance and SMART-Plant.
- June 2020: Covering cluster annual meeting
- April 2020: BRIDGE event, SCOREwater, DWC results...
- December 2019: IAWW & AquaTech Innovation Forum, Zero Brine
- September 2019: With AIWW announcement, NextGen interview Ian Barker...
- July 2019: Covering cluster meeting, STOP-IT project results...
- March 2019: Covering launch LOTUS project, Intergroil demo results...
No events scheduled