Welcome to the ICT4Water Cluster
Due to growing population and economy, seasonal climatic conditions have changed, including extreme events as floods and droughts. This affects as a whole the availability of water resources at world level.
ICT and water efficiency is a key policy issue with potential for new research area that includes decision supporting system for the measurement of water quality and quantity including the recycling and water reuse processes.
This necessitates increased interoperability between water information systems at EU and national levels and efficiency of water resources management.
- AfriAlliance Webinar SeriesAfriAlliance is delighted to announce its webinar series: “Facing climate change: strengthening African stakeholders in water and climate”! This series of interactive webinars will tackle key challenges for African stakeholders relating […]
- ICT4Water cluster Annual meeting 2020Brussels, June 16, 2020 On 16 June, the ICT4Water cluster Annual meeting gathered nearly 150 professionals from the smart water community and over 30 member projects to work together on the digital transformation of the water sector. Because of the […]
- Water & Energy: ICT4Water participates in annual BRIDGE EventBrussels, February 12, 2020 On 12 February representatives from the ICT4Water cluster participated in the annual event of the BRIDGE cluster, to which ICT4WATER was invited for the first time. The overall scope of the invitation was to explore […]
- STOP-IT: Water utilities trained in cyber and physical securityThe European research project STOP-IT, which is dealing with the protection of water infrastructures from cyber and physical threats, has now begun with training activities for water utilities. The project has already delivered several technologies […]
- "A miracle of nature" Euronews visits NextGen
ICT4Water Action Plan
On December 1st 2017, the ICT4Water cluster presented an Action Plan to support the setting out of a Digital Single Market of Water Services. Promoted by DG-CONNECT, the action plan is a step forward from roadmaps presented in 2015 and 2016. This year (2017) open workshops were held as core sessions of big water sector events, such as Water Wise Conference, Water Innovation Europe, EIP Water conference 2017, DG RTD /EASME “Boosting Research & Innovation in the Water Sector: The Impact of EU-funded actions” and several bilateral events, with ICT4Water cluster members discussing and proposing how to afford digital water challenges, so as to collect and define the views presented in this strategic document. Additionally, collaborative contributions provided by co-members of several associations and working groups such as the WssTP, BDVA, AIOTI and EIP Water were collected too.
The Action Plan for a Digital Single Market for Water Services is focusing on a wider approach including Water Management, Treatment, Reuse, Circular Economy and every water-related area, and all other relevant areas where ICT can contribute. It proposes the creation of a borderless Digital single market for water services, and contributes to the Connected Digital Single Market and the Resilient Energy Union objectives by promoting sustainable smart technologies in the water sector.
- October 2020: Updates from PrimeWater, ZERO BRINE, G3P, RESCCUE, NextGen, AfriAlliance and SMART-Plant.
- June 2020: Covering cluster annual meeting
- April 2020: BRIDGE event, SCOREwater, DWC results...
- December 2019: IAWW & AquaTech Innovation Forum, Zero Brine
- September 2019: With AIWW announcement, NextGen interview Ian Barker...
- July 2019: Covering cluster meeting, STOP-IT project results...
- March 2019: Covering launch LOTUS project, Intergroil demo results...