Welcome to the ICT4Water Cluster
Due to growing population and economy, seasonal climatic conditions have changed, including extreme events as floods and droughts. This affects as a whole the availability of water resources at world level.
ICT and water efficiency is a key policy issue with potential for new research area that includes decision supporting system for the measurement of water quality and quantity including the recycling and water reuse processes.
This necessitates increased interoperability between water information systems at EU and national levels and efficiency of water resources management.
- Workshop: Water-Smart Management of Bathing Areas via DigitalisationOn April 5, the project iBATHWATER_EU will host jointly with Digitalwater_eu and Sinergea the online workshop on “Management of bathing areas via digitalisation”. The workshop will highlight the latest developments in the field and at […]
- B-WaterSmart – First Community of Practice meetings heldThe European research project B-WaterSmart accelerates the transformation to water-smart economies and societies by reducing the use of freshwater resources, improving the recovery and reuse of resources, and increase water use efficiency. The […]
- DigitalWater2020 – Community of PracticeOn 20 January 2022, from 10 a.m. till 12 noon CET, we are hosting a first online event which is aimed at water utilities and end-users -such as cities- of the solutions developed within the DW2020 projects. Several utilities and […]
- PrimeWater Multi User Stakeholder WeekPrimeWater is planning a Multi User Panel Stakeholders week on 15-19 Nov. The main objectives of this workshop will be: To provide an overview and update on the services that PrimeWater can offer to participants. To understand how different sectors […]
- Introducing the B-WaterSmart Knowledge PortalThe European research project B-WaterSmart accelerates the transformation to watersmart economies and societies in coastal Europe and beyond. The project now has released a preliminary version of a Knowledge Portal for Circular Economy (CE) and […]
ICT4Water Action Plan
On December 1st 2017, the ICT4Water cluster presented an Action Plan to support the setting out of a Digital Single Market of Water Services. Promoted by DG-CONNECT, the action plan is a step forward from roadmaps presented in 2015 and 2016. This year (2017) open workshops were held as core sessions of big water sector events, such as Water Wise Conference, Water Innovation Europe, EIP Water conference 2017, DG RTD /EASME “Boosting Research & Innovation in the Water Sector: The Impact of EU-funded actions” and several bilateral events, with ICT4Water cluster members discussing and proposing how to afford digital water challenges, so as to collect and define the views presented in this strategic document. Additionally, collaborative contributions provided by co-members of several associations and working groups such as the WssTP, BDVA, AIOTI and EIP Water were collected too.
The Action Plan for a Digital Single Market for Water Services is focusing on a wider approach including Water Management, Treatment, Reuse, Circular Economy and every water-related area, and all other relevant areas where ICT can contribute. It proposes the creation of a borderless Digital single market for water services, and contributes to the Connected Digital Single Market and the Resilient Energy Union objectives by promoting sustainable smart technologies in the water sector.
- October 2021: Contributions from our member projects B-WaterSmart, ULTIMATE, DigitalWater.City, PrimeWater and Hydrousa
- July 2021: Update from AG Business Models. Contributions from IntelWATT, B-WaterSmart, AquaSPICE and STOP-IT
- March 2021: Updates from AG Cybersecurity and AG Standardisation and Interoperability. Contributions from iBathwater, NAIADES, ULTIMATE, IntelWATT and Zero Brine
- December 2020: Contributions from PrimeWater, DWC, Run4Life, aqua3S, NextGen, HYDROUSA and the ICT4Water Action Group "Interoperability and Standardisation".
- October 2020: Updates from PrimeWater, ZERO BRINE, G3P, RESCCUE, NextGen, AfriAlliance and SMART-Plant.
- June 2020: Covering cluster annual meeting
- April 2020: BRIDGE event, SCOREwater, DWC results...
- December 2019: IAWW & AquaTech Innovation Forum, Zero Brine
- September 2019: With AIWW announcement, NextGen interview Ian Barker...
- July 2019: Covering cluster meeting, STOP-IT project results...
- March 2019: Covering launch LOTUS project, Intergroil demo results...
April 1, F4W workshop #4
July 4-8, HIC2022