The European research project B-WaterSmart accelerates the transformation to watersmart economies and societies in coastal Europe and beyond. The project now has released a preliminary version of a Knowledge Portal for Circular Economy (CE) and watersmartness. It provides the following services:
- a Knowledge Base of collected experiences with CE and water-smartness from demonstration sites
- a Toolbox providing access to smart applications and tools designed for CE and water-smartness improvement and assessment
- a Marketplace for stakeholders to learn and share their solutions and team up with other solution providers to address challenges at national, regional and local level
The Knowledge Base and the Toolbox are freely accessible by all users. The Marketplace functionality will only be available to registered users in order to receive advanced and personalised services based on the users’ preferences, interests and browsing behaviour.
The portal is still under progress and the focus right now is lying on creating a final design and populating the Knowledge Base with smart applications and tools for water-smartness improvement and assessment. The portal is of interest for:
- Problem owners such as utilities, authorities, or industries seeking to find the best solution to turn linear processes within their organisation into circular ones, reducing waste and reusing resources
- Solution providers such as Research and Technology Organisations (RTO), or commercial entities offering a technology or a service as part of a CE enabling portfolio
- Investors seeking opportunities to maximize investment revenues
The first version of the portal was developed by the H2020 NextGen project and now has been further developed by the B-WaterSmart project, expanding both functionality and content. The results of this efforts are accessible online under the temporary URL: https://mp.nextgenwater.eu/. The portal will be adopted and permanently curated by the multi stakeholder platform Water Europe after the B-WaterSmart project ends, therefore guaranteeing a long life-time of the portal.
Read more about the B-WaterSmart project on our website and subscribe to our newsletter at: https://b-watersmart.eu/
B-WaterSmart on Twitter: https://twitter.com/B_WaterSmart
B-WaterSmart on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/b-watersmart-project-3119651ba/