Your personal data are processed in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 2018/1725 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions and bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data.
The data controller of the processing operation is EASME Head of Unit B.2, at the following email: EASME-B2-ICT4WATER@ec.europa.eu.
The following entity(ies) is/are processing personal data on our behalf:
1) EASME service contractor BM-Change, acting as data processor. As service contractor for ICT4Water, BM-Change is responsible for managing the website, replying to your enquiries, has access to your personal data as “Admin” of the ICT4Water website, and for managing the ICT4Water newsletter, by entering your e-mail address, name and/or organisation name.
2) EASME service contractor Gabriel Anzaldi Varas, acting as data processor. As service contractor for ICT4Water, Gabriel Anzaldi Varas is responsible for coordinating “The Action Plan for a Digital Single Market for Water Services” and replying to your enquiries.
3) EASME service contractor Lydia Vamvakeridou, acting as data processor. As service contractor for ICT4Water, Lydia Vamvakeridou is responsible for coordinating the Action Group Leaders of the seven Action Groups identified in “The Action Plan for a Digital Single Market for Water Services” and replying to your enquiries.
4) EASME service contractor Eva Martínez Díaz, acting as data processor. As service contractor for ICT4Water, Eva Martínez Díaz is responsible for coordinating the Action Groups “Business Models” and “Policy” as identified in “The Action Plan for a Digital Single Market for Water Services” and replying to your enquiries.
The legal basis for the processing operations are Article 5(1)(a) of Regulation (EU) No 2018/1725 because processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Union institution or body; thereof ; Article 5(1)(d) of Regulation (EU) No 2018/1725 based on the consent of the data subject to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes.
The purpose of processing your personal data is to allow the ICT4Water cluster to perform their tasks, in particular to manage ICT4Water applications for new project members, to send ICT4Water newsletters and mail notifications on new or updated cluster related information, to send invitations for cluster related events, to allow registration to cluster related events and for feedback activities such as questionnaires concerning ICT4Water’s activities, the Action Plan and EU policy related issues.
The following of your personal data are collected: Personal data is collected through three channels (i) the ICT4Water application form for new projects (ii) the electronic ICT4Water newsletter subscription form and/or (iii) registration form for a cluster event. The personal data requested for each case are:
– ICT4Water application forms: your first name and last name, email address and role in project, being a general contact person and/or the dissemination manager, such data is requested from projects wishing to join the cluster.
– ICT4Water newsletter: your first name and last name and email address are requested from individuals wishing to subscribe.
– ICT4Water event registration form: your first name and last name and email address are requested from individuals wishing to attend the event.
The above mentioned personal data are mandatory for the purpose outlined above (except where indicated otherwise in the registration form). All personal data in electronic format (e-mails, documents, uploaded batches of data etc.) are stored on the servers of EASME, the European Commission or of its contractors, the operations of which abide by the European Commission’s security Decisions 2017/46 of 10 January 2017 and 2015/443 of 13 March 2015.
EASME’s contractors are bound by specific contractual clauses for any processing operations of your personal data on behalf of EASME, and by the confidentiality obligations deriving from the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR).
EASME and its contractors have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information collected.
Staff of EASME and of its contractors who have access to personal data are required to protect this information in a manner that is consistent with this privacy statement by, for example, not using the personal data for any purpose other than the ones foreseen in this Privacy Statement.
The recipients of your data will be:
1) Authorised staff of EASME and/or Commission contractors (as listed in points 1 to 4).
2) Authorised staff of the National University of Ireland, Galway acting as data processor, has access to your data as hosting provider of the ICT4Water website.
3) Authorised staff of UAB “MailerLite” acting as data processor. MailerLite is responsible for the distribution of the ICT4Water newsletter.
4) Data may be transmitted to bodies responsible for monitoring, inspection tasks in application of EU law, (e.g. internal audits, European Court of Auditors, European Anti-fraud Office – OLAF) performing administrative investigations.
5) Data may be transmitted to contact points of other cluster members so to enable communication between the projects for purposes of the cluster. Your personal data will not be transferred to third countries or international organisations. The processing of your data will not include automated decision-making (such as profiling).
The collected personal data will be handled confidentially and used only by the relevant staff of the European Commission, EASME and its contractors for the purposes foreseen in this Data protection Notice. Your personal data is not made public.
Your data as collected when registered as a contact person for an ICT4Water member project will be kept until 5 years after the end of the member project. Data will be automatically deleted at the end of this period. Your personal data will be deleted immediately when you unregister as a contact person for a member project. You can unregister as a project contact person by contacting the EASME ICT4Water team through EASME-B2-ICT4WATER@ec.europa.eu.
Your data as collected when subscribed to the ICT4Water newsletter will be deleted when you unsubscribe from the newsletter or in the event of ICT4Water ending publication and distribution of the ICT4Water newsletter. In the event of ICT4Water ending publication and distribution of its newsletter, your data collected with this scope will be deleted from the “MailChimp” server. You can unsubscribe at any time from the ICT4Water newsletter through the link in the newsletter.
Your data as collected during the registration of ICT4Water events will be kept for a maximum period of 18 months after the end of the event. Data will be automatically deleted at the end of this period.
You have the right to access your personal data to request your personal data to be rectified, if the data is inaccurate or incomplete; where applicable, you have the right to request restriction or to object to processing, to request a copy or erasure of your personal data held by the data controller. If processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
Your request to exercise one of the above rights will be dealt with without undue delay and within one month.
If you have any queries concerning the processing of your personal data, you may address them to the EASME Head of Unit B.2, at the following email: EASME-B2-ICT4WATER@ec.europa.eu.
When you request us to delete your personal data completely, you will also terminate all services and access rights that may be linked to this data.
Cookies are short text files stored on a user’s device (such as a computer, tablet or phone) by a website. Cookies are used for the technical functioning of a website or for gathering statistics. Cookies are also typically used to provide a more personalised experience for a user for example, when an online service remembers your user profile without you having to login.
Third-party widgets such as YouTube or Twitter may install cookies depending on their configuration. You are not required to accept any cookies to use this site.
 Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 and Decision No 1247/2002/EC (OJ L295/39 of 21.11.2018).
 Act of Establishment: Commission Implementing Decision C(2013/771/EU) of 17 December 2013 establishing the ‘Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises’ and repealing Decisions 2004/20/EC and 2007/372/EC.